Ticket #445 (assigned defect)

Opened 7 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

opie-sync all calendar times off by difference from UTC

Reported by: Angus Owned by: paule
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: Plugin: opie Version: 0.22
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc:

Description

The timezone and /etc/localtime are both set properly on my PC and my zaurus. but after syncing all times are off by 7 hours. I'm in MST.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Angus

  • Owner changed from abauer to paule

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by paule

Strange, it works fine here. What is the other plugin you are using in the sync?

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by Angus

I've tried the evolution and file sync plugins

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by Angus

This is still happening with the 0.22 release.

What infomation do you want ?

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by paule

  • Status changed from new to assigned

Sorry about the wait. I will probably need to create a patch that outputs more information so we can see where in the process the dates are going wrong. I'll post here when I have a patch for you to test.

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by paule

Angus, could you please enable tracing and attach the output including the console output to this report. You may wish to set it up to only sync events to cut down the output and eliminate sensitive information. Thanks!

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by Angus

  • Component changed from Plugin: opie to Plugin: evolution2

Hi Paul,

I haven't been able to create a small test case but I did trace through a single event from evolution.

It looks like it is the evo plugins fault as the first sync from evo to file creates a VCALENDAR in localtime not UTC.

Angus

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by Angus

Originaly the event had no timezone. I added a timezone to the event ( which is the same as the locatime timezone )

evo to file still creates an event in localtime.

comment:9 Changed 7 years ago by Berend

  • Component changed from Plugin: evolution2 to Plugin: opie
  • Severity changed from blocker to major

This problem is not restricted to the evolution plugin, as it says, but it is a problem of the opie plugin.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.