Ticket #533 (reopened defect)

Opened 7 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n

Reported by: cstender Owned by: andrewb
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: Plugin: moto Version: 0.38
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: bg@…, niels@…

Description (last modified by felixmoeller) (diff)

After bug #531 seems to be fixed I tried to sync the V3i again and now I run into another bug. It seems that moto get all changes but isn't able to commit them to the engine.

[1186561183.788550]                                             [SENSITIVE] <-- OK
[1186561183.792043]                                             >>>>>>>  osync_context_report_osyncerror(0x8149980, 0x8146ee0:(Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins/motosync.py", line 2272, in get_changes
    for change in self.access.list_changes(self.objtype):
  File "/usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins/motosync.py", line 2101, in list_changes
    entries = [PhoneContactMoto(d) for d in self.comms.read_contacts()]
  File "/usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins/motosync.py", line 1016, in read_contacts
    ret.extend(self.__parse_results('MPBR', data))
  File "/usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins/motosync.py", line 1117, in __parse_results
    assert(part[-1] == '"')
AssertionError
))

Change History

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by andrewb

  • Status changed from new to assigned

The problem here is the contact in slot 17:

+MPBR: 17,"meinrad.ege@web.de
meinrad.ege@ids.allianz.com",128,0045006700650020004D00650069006E007200610064,6,0,255,0,0,1,255,1,4,,0,0,,,,,,,,"",""

You have two email addresses separated by a newline, which screws up my parsing of the returned lines from the phone. moto-sync shouldn't fail in this situation, and I'll leave this ticket open until I fix the parsing code to handle newlines in strings, but in the meantime you can work around this problem by cleaning up that contact (it should be two separate contacts).

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by cstender

Okay, this seems to work. Thanks. I removed the trace-logs, if you need them for debugging, please drop a note.

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by dgollub

  • Component changed from OpenSync to Plugin: moto

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by andrewb

  • Summary changed from moto-plugin can't commit changes to bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by tuju

  • Milestone changed from 0.40 to 0.41

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by felixmoeller

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by tuju

  • Version changed from 0.32 to 0.38
  • Summary changed from bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n to [NEEDINFO] bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n

This has been filed for 0.32, trunk has seen a lot of changes since that. Could you please test it again? Unfortunately motorola plugin has not seen much maintenance recently.

comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by niels

  • Cc niels@… added
  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to invalid

Closing as no more information has been provided within 30 days.

If you are still experiencing the originally reported problem, please (re-) open this / a new ticket with the requested information.

comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by cstender

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution invalid deleted

This bug is just a reminder for andrew.

comment:11 Changed 5 years ago by cstender

  • Summary changed from [NEEDINFO] bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n to bug reading phone book entries where the entry's name contains a \n
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.