Ticket #692 (new defect)

Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

'event' instead of 'Event' lines 1406 and 1559

Reported by: nickspacek Owned by: savago
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: Plugin: google Version: 0.38
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I'm trying to sync between Google Calendar and a Motorola V3i. It is working somewhat now, but I encountered a problem with the moto plugin. I'm not sure if it was caused because of the XML generated for events from Google Calendar or if there have been changes to the XML specs for events or what.

When syncing it was crashing with index errors from line 1406 (I just assume the same problem will occur on 1559). After getting some output from the XML it was trying to parse, I noticed all the tags were capitalized (the first letter anyways). So, all I changed was 'event' to 'Event'. That did it.

I only changed these two lines, and I noticed that 'event' is used elsewhere. I haven't tried syncing back from the phone, which would probably use these other statements with 'event'.

Hope this helps.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by andrewb

  • Owner changed from andrewb to ehabkost
  • Component changed from Plugin: moto to Plugin: google-calendar

According to the current schema (misc/schemas/xmlformat-event.xsd), the name of the element is still all-lowercase 'event'. So, I think this is a bug in the google plugin, and am reassigning it there.

If the schema turns out to be incorrect, please fix that first and then reassign to me :)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by tuju

  • Owner changed from ehabkost to savago
  • Version changed from 0.36 to 0.38
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.