Ticket #858 (closed defect: invalid)
[NEEDINFO] libsyncml doesn't transfer ADR field without an attribute (WORK, CELL, HOME, etc)
|Reported by:||tuju||Owned by:||tuju|
Quite many people have got bitten by this.
syncml-ds-tool -b 00:00:00:00:00:00 10 --wbxml --dumpinfo --identifier "PC Suite" --sync text/x-vcard Contacts
BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 REV:20071227T155408Z ORG:ABC; END:VCARD
kind of card, even the card would have TEL defined, but no Business or other attribute. Same can happen to ADR and EMAIL fields (so far known problematic fields).
Another problem is, that for example Kaddressbook, you cannot define EMAIL attributes at all. For ADR/street addresses you can untick the all radio buttons causing them to get lost in sync.
We also noticed in Berlin dev meeting that this also happens with PC Suite and e65, when run in vmware and on Linux host os + wireshark sniffers.
We need to get another similar native environment and repeat that test to make sure that it also happens with pure vendor products.
Also, it depends on - for example on different Nokia models - that can you define fields with/without these types. E9300 allows default types without attributes, E65 by default defines them, but can contain plain ones without attributes if they get synced to phone.
Note that this causes data loss.
This is in wrong ticket system but i don't have access rights in libsyncml.opensync.org.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Summary changed from libsyncml doesn't transfer TEL, ADR and EMAIL without an attribute (WORK, CELL, HOME, etc) to libsyncml doesn't transfer ADR field without an attribute (WORK, CELL, HOME, etc)
- Keywords libsyncml, syncml added
- Component changed from OpenSync to Plugin: syncml
- Milestone 0.38 deleted
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Summary changed from libsyncml doesn't transfer ADR field without an attribute (WORK, CELL, HOME, etc) to [NEEDINFO] libsyncml doesn't transfer ADR field without an attribute (WORK, CELL, HOME, etc)
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Version changed from 0.37 to 0.38
- Owner changed from dgollub to tuju