Here can be found all OpenSync developer resources.
Getting Started Coding
- Whitepaper for developers.
- trunk documentation.
- 0.40 API Review process
- Plugin porting guide for 0.30 API
- ongoing feature discussion in trunk.
- architecture OUTDATED/DRAFT
- bug handling guide.
- Roadmap contains overview plan and milestones.
- Collection of all possible peers and starting points for development.
- Frontend examples contains some short examples how to use the OpenSync API in an application
Build OpenSync for various platforms
Getting Started Writing Docs
- Doxygen API documentation
- docGuide about harmonazied wiki structure.
- Peers listing and Template for such page.
For other docs, see title index devel- and trunk pages.
What's Going On
Plugin Maintainer Responsibilities
To improve the load sharing and teamwork, we have a maintainer for every major area. Maintainer's tasks include
- code development and maintenance for API (int/external) changes.
- bug fixing.
- community communication for that particular area:
- taking care of that all events (emails, tickets, patches) get eventually handled shomehow (commented, assigned, rejected), the last person who answers if nobody else didn't in within a week.
- keep the status page up to date.
- if the responsible maintainer is not available, he informs the backup person to take over for holiday/real-work period etc.
- Write and maintain plugin page, using template.
- If a plugin is listed in peer feasibility page it might not hurt to keep it up to date.
Other OpenSync Projects
- cmake docs
- glib docs
- libxml2 docs
- libxslt docs
- check manual
- sqlite C API
- doxygen manual
- SWIG basics